Toshiba has introduced a Windows 8.1 OS running tablet at this year’s IFA dubbed as Toshiba Encore. It is company’s first 8inch Windows based tablet and it will be available in the global market from November 2013 for $330. Toshiba is usually more active in the laptop segment but from now on it looks like it is also going to focus on small screen devices.
Toshiba has somehow managed to keep down the price of the device even with a better display comparing to Acer Iconia W3, which is the first Windows 8 tablet with 8inch screen.
Features of Toshiba Encore Windows 8 Tablet –
- It comes with 8inch multi-touch display with the resolution of 1280*800 pixels
- It is powered by an Intel Bay Trail Atom Processor along with 2GB of RAM memory
- It is developed in collaboration with Microsoft to support Windows 8.1 OS version
- It comes with 8MP rear and 2MP front facing cameras
- It is equipped with dual microphones and company has specially optimized it for Skype
- It comes with 32GB internal storage which is further expendable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Connectivity options include WiFi, MicroUSB and MicroHDMI
Toshiba’s latest tablet also comes with preloaded full versions of Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 version along with Xbox SmartGlass Application which turns this tablet into a secondary display for Xbox 360 and recently launched Xbox One gaming consoles. It is expected to be priced around Rs. 20-22,000 in Indian market.