Sony Mobile will launch the Xperia S smartphone in Indian markets on April 10. The Xperia S, which was first announced at the Consumer Electronics Show earlier this year, is the first Sony-branded smartphone to be launched in India since Sony took over Ericsson’s stake in Sony Ericsson to consolidate its share in the fiercely competitive smartphone market.
This latest offering from the Sony stable runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Sony has also announced that it would receive an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in the future. Powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, the Xperia S is seeking to attract many customers by offering a brilliant HD experience along with a 12 megapixel rear camera and a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for interactive video-calling.
The expected price for the Sony Xperia S is approximately Rs. 34,000, which seems to be reasonable given he features the phone comes with.
The Xperia S offers the following features:Platform:
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS (Upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich planned in second quarter of 2012)
- HDMI Support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- DLNA Certified
- 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones
- Micro USB
- Talk time: (max) 8 hours 30 minutes
- Standby time: (max) 420 hours
- Music listening time(claimed): 25 hours
- 4.3? inch (1280×720) pixels 16,777,216 colour TFT Capacitive Touchscreen
- 12.1 Megapixel Camera with LED flash and Auto focus
- 16x digital zoom
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video calling (720p)
- HD video recording (1080p)
- 1 GB RAM
- 32GB in-built storage