The first generation of Surface Pro garnered rave reviews for its power and delivering an experience at par with laptops. But, it really had shoddy battery life making it impossible to use during travelling and thus wasting its portable form-factor. However today along with the 2nd generation of Surface tablet, Microsoft has launched successor to Surface Pro with some much-needed upgrades to make it feel like a true dekstop/ laptop replacement-
- Dark Titanium color
- Kickstand at the back offering two angles to adjust the tablet based on your position
- 10.6 inch ClearType Full HD LCD screen, pixel density of
- Powered by latest Intel’s Core i5 dual-core Haswell processor with clock speed of 1.6 GHz
- RAM of 4/ 8 GB
- 64/ 128/ 256/ 512 GB internal storage through SSD
- Both rear and front-facing cameras are capable of 720p video recording
- Dolby Speakers
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 75% better battery life
- Loaded with Windows 8.1, which means all the normal apps like Office can easily run on it.
- Supports Surface Pen
Similar to the goodies offered with the Surface 2, buyers of Surface Pro 2 will be getting-
- Free Skype calls to landlines of more than 60 countries for a period of 1 year, Free Skype Wi-Fi for 1 year
- Skydrive storage of 200 GB for 2 years.
Release Date and Price
The pre-orders of the device is starting today, and it will be available to buy from retail shelves from October 22 coinciding with the date of launch of Windows 8.1. It will carry an expensive price tag of $899 for the base version with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, with the highest version with 8 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD costing as much as $1799.