Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has launched 5 new SMS packs for its prepaid customers. This revision in the cost of providing telecommunications service was expected since the 43rd amendment of TRAI. The new SMS packs will be available for BSNL 2G and 3G subscribers all over India.
TRAI in its 43rd amendment has emphasised upon the fact that the cost incurred in providing telecommunications service has considerably declined therefore the cost of providing telecommunications services should also be revised accordingly. This amendment has put an end to rumours and apprehensions about a possible increase in the price of telecommunications service.
The previous SMS packs offered by BSNL were of Rs 13, Rs 20, Rs 31 and Rs 52.
The 5 new SMS packs are as follows:
- The lowest SMS pack is of MRP Rs.12 with a validity of 7 days
- The SMS pack of MRP Rs.24 with a validity of 15 days
- The Third SMS pack is of MRP Rs 31 with a validity of 30 days
- The SMS pack of MRP Rs.52 with a validity of 60 days
These packs above offer Local and National SMS from BSNL to BSNL at Rs 5 paisa per SMS. Local and National SMS from BSNL to other networks will cost Rs 10 paisa per SMS.
- The lowest price on Local and National SMS from BSNL to other networks is offered by the SMS pack of MRP Rs 83. This will offer Local and National SMS from BSNL to BSNL at Rs 5 paisa per SMS. Local and National SMS from BSNL to other networks will cost Rs 7 paisa per SMS. The validity of this SMS pack is 20 days.