airtel money is India’s first mobile wallet service. This ubiquitous mobile platform provided by the largest telecom mobile operator Bharti airtel which allows a customer to make payments in a easier way at anytime and at anywhere. airtel money is aimed in offering the customers to competent alternative to cash transactions. airtel money serves at many instances like buying tickets, paying bills and ordering groceries and many more. No carrying cash, No Credit/Debit cards, no Bank Account required. This is more of a mCommerce, convenient and user friendly platform for making payments. airtel initiates this program from Gurgaon and will facilitate in other places soon. airtel already established partnerships with several merchants (including coffee shops, restaurants etc) at gurgaon to accept payments via airtel money and will scale-up to 3000 merchants soon. Customers can avail discounts and attractive offers from these merchandise to save more. Customers who likes to opt this service must follow some simple steps.
- Register by filling in the application form and submitting KYC documents (2 photocopies of proof-of-identity, 1 copy of proof-of-address and a passport size photograph).
- After the above, your existing airtel SIM will be upgraded to the new 64K airtel SIM with airtel money.
- Activate your airtel money account by choosing your MPIN.
- Load cash into your airtel money account by visiting your nearest airtel retailer
- You are now ready to send commands through the airtel money application on your phone and transact anytime, anywhere!