IAMAI – Internet and Mobile Association of India is the biggest apex body for all internet and mobile companies in India. Every year they scout the market for the best companies and products across various categories and recognize and reward them during their annual digital awards ceremony. For the year 2012, IAMAI has expanded the digital awards category from 9 to 33. They have also launched a new category for “Best ecommerce website” in India. E-commerce companies include pure-play shopping portals, daily deal sites, online travel aggregators, coupon players and comparison shopping websites. E-commerce is the hottest category in India with some of the companies already valued at over billion dollars! The ecommerce category is also one of the most watched category. Your beloved 91mobiles.com also competed for this category. More than 50 companies including some of the big brands, hottest startups competed for this coveted category. But only 5 companies were shortlisted as the finalists. Lo and behold! 91mobiles.com is one of the 5 finalists shortlisted for the award!
The 5 companies shortlisted under “Best ecommerce website” category are:
There will be only winner from the above list of finalists. The winner will be announced on January 18th during the digital awards ceremony being held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. 91mobiles.com is extremely proud about the company it enjoys alongside flipkart.com, snapdeal.com and cleartrip.com! These are multi-crore companies and have huge resources at their disposal. 91mobiles.com is a boot-strapped company with shoe-string budget…This is a great example for all those people out there who focus on building a great product and customer experience that the efforts will not go unrecognized. We have our hopes on winning it too…at the same time we are very happy for having come this far..! Thank you fans for supporting us relentlessly.
Take a look at some of the companies that applied but were not shortlisted! [link]. Some of the prominent players who were left out are letsbuy.com, fashionandyou.com, buytheprice.com, myntra.com, goibibo.com.
Criteria for judging the websites [link]
The jury shall evaluate entries based on six criteria:
- Content: Content is the information provided on the site. It includes text, sound, animation, video or anything that communicates a sites body of knowledge. Good content should be engaging, relevant and appropriate for the audience.
- Structure and Navigation: Structure and navigation refers to the framework of a site, the organization of content, the prioritization of information, and the method in which you move through the site.
- Visual Design: Visual design is the appearance of the site. Good visual is high quality, appropriate and relevant for the audience and the message it is supporting.
- Functionality: Functionality is the use of technology on the site. Good functionality means the site works well. It loads quickly, has live links, and any new technology used is functional and relevant for the intended audience.
- Interactivity: Interactivity is the way that a site allows you to do something. Good interactivity is more than a rollover or choosing what a click on next; it allows you, as a user, to give and receive.
- Overall Experience: A site should demonstrate frequently more or less the sum of their parts, the overall experience encompasses content, structure and navigation, visual design, functionality, and interactivity, but it also includes the intangibles that make one stay or leave.