Samsung is planning to launch four new Galaxy Smartphones with new naming strategy. The company announced that they have simplified the naming pattern and titled under five different categories. This is purely dependent on the price range, target audience and the performance it delivers. The new smartphones launched today Galaxy W, Galaxy M Pro, Galaxy Y and Galaxy Y Pro smart follows the new naming pattern adopted by the company. New naming pattern for Galaxy Smatphones
- “S” (Super Smart / Flagship) will only be used on flagship devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S
- “R” (Royal / Refined / Premium) are the Premium category models that combines power, performance and productivity
- “W” (Wonder / High Tier) are the High quality, strategic models, perfect for those seeking a balance between style and performance.
- “M” (Magical / Mid-Tier) are the High-performance models at an economic price-point.
- “Y” (Young / Entry Level) are entry models for emerging markets or for the younger audience more sensitive to price.