The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Operating System is now available for update for the users of Samsung Galaxy S II across the world.
The Version 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update was rolled out some time back initially for the Galaxy S II in Spain, Austria, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Hungary, Germany, China and Hong Kong.
The Galaxy S II had been launched by Samsung around two years back and the update seems to be a pretty impressive move from the south Korean Tech Giant as most of the companies are focusing majorly on their recently launched devices.
The recently Jelly Bean OS update will get the Galaxy S II introduced to a bunch of new features that are presently found in the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II. The list of new features includes TouchWiz Nature UX, a Customizable Home Screen, some amazing enhancements in performance, Better Notifications, Improved Google Now and Google Search.
The major Operating System Update received by the former Flagship Smartphone from Samsung involves a fresh User Interface along with many additional features. The major improvements witnessed by Samsung Galaxy S II are:
- Fresh user Interface similar to the Mature User Interface
- Newly introduced features like Smart Stay, Pop-up Play and Direct call
- Customizable menu and new Lockscreen
- Smooth UI with Google’s Project Butter
- Widgets alike Samsung Galaxy S III
- Improved Notifications along with more availability of Notification Toggles
- Availability of Google Now
- 50GB of Dropbox Space Free
- Introduction of Samsung Cloud Services
For the Indian Users the Jelly Bean update can be downloaded as a Compressed File and then applied with Odin from a PC, if you are too desperate to get their gadget updated. Alternatively, You can wait for the update to be pushed over the air shortly.