While the government is planning to do some student welfare by initiating the Aakash 4 tablet project, it feels good to see some private companies taking initiatives for students. Aircel is one of the leading telecom companies of India and of course one of the firsts to start a special plan for students. Last week Mr. K. Kadhiravan, Circle Business Head, Karnataka, Aircel Limited announced a series of plans to give something extra to the students.
The company’s offering will be available in over 50 colleges through a special campus activation sponsorship called ‘Notezine’ in Bengaluru to around 2500 students. The bundled plan will be offering a series of innovative plans namely Plan Voucher 77. The plan will be offering:
- 100,000 Local Seconds (Aircel to Aircel only) for 1 month
- Rs.120 talktime at a rate of Rs.20 per month for 6 months
- 1p per 2 sec Local and STD for 3 months
- 97 SMS Local and STD free per day. However, the first 3 SMS will be charged at 50 paise per message
- Good morning Bengaluru which will provide free 3G Data from 6am to 9am for 1 month
- Pocket internet 24 etc.
The coming of this unique plan for students reiterates Aircel’s commitment to the youth of India. Certainly an appreciable move by Aircel.